The Multimedia In All Of US

We all want to be multi-media. Look at the growth of youtube.com. And you, for example, how many scrapbooks does your mother have next to the piano? I bet there are hundreds of pictures of you on that damn piano. Let's not even talk about the movie you made with Dad's camcorder. Gosh, remember "camcorders"? What does that word mean anyway...??? So what is it with the human race; we want to be beyond real and on the reel.

During the political campaign season, I've been trying to discover the best media source for my information. Typically, I read. But if I don't watch an occasional youtube of Barak Obama then what do I really know? Clearly, not much. This morning I took a browse through Barak's website. On the front of the landing page I clicked on there it was: A VIDEO! Yes, Barak is a multimedia glutton. According to some of his political strategists, he didn't pioneer internet messaging, that goes to Mr. Dean, but he did take it to new levels. So here's the video:

So Barak is a youtuber and guess, what so am I and so are you. But the point of this post isn't to talk about the political season it is about the multimedia in all of us. Like I mentioned in the first paragraph, humans have a desire to express themselves. Communication, in whatever form is so important that if you don't "get it" in some form, you'll go crazy. Our expressive nature then is clearly extended to the web. I really believe that the internet has shifted our reality. The biggest point I make about the web experience is simple:

One needs to have two identities: online and real-world (I guess I should have said reel-world)...

I imagine that the real-world version of you is always expressing itself. Now what about the reel-world version? Check out my latest expression...


Comments