Keep It Simple During The Debates

The Republicans do one thing really well: create short sweet messages for easy consumption. Great strategy, but too many of us have intellects that reach far beyond three word diatribes (in the negative sense of the word). I'm alluding to the now famous "DRILL BABY DRILL" crowd messaging at the Republican National Convention. The video says it all...



Ahhh.... Good clean fun - yeah right! In the coming Presidential debates voters will have to move past simple, silly messages for complex and nuanced policy discussions. Will the average "Joe Six Pack" be able to get past the first five minutes? Naturally, I'm kidding. Of course they will. The bigger question is will the Republicans be able to make their case in sentences and then paragraphs? If I were advising, I'd say: why mess with what works. Keep it short, ambiguous and silly. If I were on the debate stage, I'd say it with sex...


Compliments to Aaron Heirtzler for the inspiration...

Comments