Data And Why It Is Important For Athletes, Restaurants And Climbing Gym Owners

Whether an athlete, executive or coffee shop owner, it is all about the data, stupid! Trust me when I tell you. Why? Because I'm all three... Without metrics where would we be? Data is the essential quality/quantity equalizer and, hell, finder. Without a firm grasp on data, can you really now know what you didn't know then? But a restaurateur once told me, "Walker, we get a lot of data, we just don't know what to do with it!" Agreed. But that's because the interface that you're using is confusing...

Many of the restaurant owners, athletes and executives I know are in the dark ages on how to manage data. It is all about the spreadsheet, right? WRONG! Time to embrace that thing Al Gore created called the INTERNETS!!! Google Analytics, WhenToManage and TechRidgy have allowed me to understand where I am, where I'm going and where I shouldn't tread. It is all in the systems that I trust the data. It is accurate and I can act on it... I now KNOW!

Comments