Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals

Opinions, thoughts and recommendations on things: shredding outdoors, books, music, outdoor gear, tech, training and mental fortitude... Oh, and one picture from the week. Enjoy.  

Pic of the week: so one of my colleagues asked me to bring a wood duck back to Durango for a sales thing... Let's just say I had some fun with lil' ducky at Denver International Airport. 


1. My music selection for this week for some killer funk and street-level grooves, check out Greyboy https://music.youtube.com/search?q=greyboy He's always had this way with a horn, but when you add in some lyrics and turntables, you've got a head-turner of tunes. Enjoy! 

2. If you enjoy music or podcasts while playing outside or working out, then you have to buy the Bose Soundsports https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earphones/soundsport-free-wireless.html They bring a richer bass and round out all the tone ranges of any earbud - period! I use them while running, mtb and during training (including jump rope) and they stay in place - yes, I'm serious! Check them out the next time you're at an airport! 

3. I'm a little on the fence with the Smith Forefront 2 MTB helmet https://www.smithoptics.com/us/Root/Men%27s/Helmets/Cycle/Forefront-2/p/E007220M95155/sizeVariants. I just bought the MIPs version, and as this is my first MIPs helmet, I'm not a huge fan. The helmet is great and is much cooler than the original Forefront. I also like the sunglass hold options. However, back to the MIPs... I feel like I am constantly adjusting the helmet - because of MIPs. I'm sure the MIPs concept is a good idea, but I'm now trying to remove it. 

4. I'm a smart-speaker fan, which means that Amazon and Google have recorded all the madness at my house! I recently purchased the Google Max - a speaker that takes the smart speaker concept to the, well, MAX (sorry about that). So far, I'm loving the bass and the richer sound characteristics. The downside: I don't think the voice activation is as good as the Alexa;  have to yell at it some times. But the sound quality - baller. https://store.google.com/us/product/google_home_max?hl=en-US

5. I quote... A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth. Aesop

Comments