Mushroom Test: Onnit Brands Supplement

"It's like Adderall!" Said one of my buddies while we were doing MTB trail work this weekend. My friend, who is one of the best athletes I know (and who is very focused on his health), made his passion about mushroom supplements known. He went on to say that the energy he gets from his Laird Hamilton energy drink is consistent and long-lasting. "My morning routine is super-charged." Having talked about the benefits he's getting, I'm deciding to test out Onnit's Shroom Tech mushroom supplements. From the quick read, mushrooms seem to have to real benefits, according to the Onnit site:

  1. Boosts exercise volume - how much you can struggle. 
  2. Assists aerobic performance - struggle even more. 
  3. Helps the body with cellular energy - struggle like you've never struggled before. 
My order ships soon, so I'll come back with a review... In the meantime, what have you read about mushrooms and athletic performance? Any truth to this? 

Comments