Avalanche...


My friend and I were driving North on HWY 550. We were about two miles from Silverton, CO when all of a sudden we found ourselves stopped by a line of cars. We walked up to one of the cars and asked as to the reason for their stop. "An avalanche," one of the drivers said. We quickly took flight to see if anyone was trapped. We grabbed our beacons, polls and wits and headed to the slide.
The slide path appeared to be 2,000 feet. The width of the avalanche was around 300 feet. The power behind that amount of snow would have been tremendous.

Thankfully, no one was hurt...

When was the last time you saw the aftermath of nature's fury? Drop me a line...

Comments

Walker Thompson said…
BubbaJ,

I'm from Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plains - seriously and with a vengence. I know what you mean by deadly wind!

In regards to the X.O, I agree the system is RAD!!!