Overtraining, overeating, overdrinking, over it...


Is there a better way to train? Are there supplements designed to control recovery? The answer to these questions is yes. They work! However, what happens if you demand more from these concepts or products than what they're designed for? What I mean is what happens if you overtrain? What happens if you are so into training, I mean, having fun that your performance dips? Is there a pill for that?

I want that pill! Here's why I'm writing about this. I love to ride! I like to get out and play, everyday. Does it impact my racing, sure. Could it make me sick, yes. But, I race hard and I don't get sick. I just want to be outside and riding. I wouldn't call it an addiction, because I have off days, but I would call it "overtraining".

Have any of you had this problem? I mean trying to balance your outdoor needs with that demanding little monkey on your shoulder? That little bastard wakes me up in the middle of the night and says, hey, you can mountain bike soon. I listen to him like I'm a drunk puppy - I'll follow and do anything.

Do you have this problem, or is it just me? Are you into the overtraining scene, or is it just me? Do you have a pet monkey, or is it just me? Is it just me, or is it just me?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree. It's just you. Although we enjoy hearing about your torment and all the things you put yourself through.....
Walker Thompson said…
Yippee I'm the crazy one!!! Thanks! No, seriously, I love the comments!