Sushi, mountain biking and a fire near my house


Every day in your life is spectacular. It takes the right kind of vision to acknowledge how amazing every minute can be. I'm taking this time to write about my life.

Yesterday, I decided to go for a run and then a ride. During both of those activities, I stopped, looked around at the surrounding Horse Gulch trail system and thought about my life. It is good to be. At least, that's what I thought during those moments - just being out on my two feet, or two wheels, in nature. Have you ever had one of those moments? You smile and think to yourself how wonderful it is to breathe the fresh air. It is a good moment!

As I was riding back down to my house, I was removed from my moment of bliss by the smell of fire. Oh, my, not a fire in Horse Gulch. This place would go up like a powder keg. . Well, thankfully, the fire wasn't in the Gulch it was about a block away from my house! A small section of our community trail started to burn. It razed quickly through the surrounding trees. The fire department came quickly to put it out. When I saw the smoldering area, I thought, again, how lucky I am that everything worked out - Durango didn't burn down.

My Fiance and I took some of our friends out to sushi. A lot of money and some wine later, we walked home and talked about our life together. It was a beautiful night to walk home. I stopped then, too. I thought about my life. It is good to be.

Comments

Unknown said…
Walker..... that my brutha is awesome. Your first two sentences...wrote with simplicity from deep inside the heart, a passion/burning for life. I too often think of the same things, being thankful feels good mate:)

Peace
Walker Thompson said…
Thanks squirrel! I appreciate the feedback. I guess it is all about keeping "it" a part of being!
Anonymous said…
I love you, baby.....
-C
Walker Thompson said…
Thanks C! I love you too...

No smart ass comments... HA HA HA...