Designing a new jersey is fun...

Designing a jersey isn't very easy to do. I'm in the throes of doing this now. Currently, I'm reviewing the jersey colors. I thought it would be peaches of me to give you a little history and a step by step review of my experience.

1. I contacted Borah designs and asked to see a sample of their stuff. For $150 they sent me a large bib short and medium shirt. I tried these on and, well, made sure the padding was sufficient. I sent the sample back and they gave me back my $150.

2. Now, I'm in the design phase. I toiled over what to change from my last order through Hidden Bay Sports. My design ended up looking much simpler. I added a lot of white and beefed up the logo.

3. Five days later I found myself looking at a proof. This part was hard, too. I had to print out the .pdf and give it a very critical look. After enlisting the help of others, I ended up accepting the general look of the design.

4. The sizing kit came next. If you're thinking, gosh this company is methodical, then we are thinking the same thing. I tried on another sample, but this one was for sizing purposes.

5. Now the color patch. Borah sent me a cut out of the material they are going to use with a small outline of the design. My job is to check to make sure I like the colors. I'm happy they did this, because I want to change something.

6. Once they have my approval again, they'll start cutting the jersey's and short's. They'll add all the magic they can. When they are finished, they'll send them to me in three weeks.

7. Be a sharp looking rider, I will be.

*KEEP POSTED OF ALL THE LATEST MTB EVENTS AT WWW.YOURMTB.COM*

Comments