It can't just be me...

I may be stretching this a bit far, but I truly believe in Burger night. Across the country, and probably on Mondays, a lot of truly great Burger joints release their best chefs to offer patrons a sampling of their amazing burgers. Last night, the Palace Restaurant in Durango, Colorado sent me one of the greatest burgers I've ever experienced.

Maybe it is a cycling thing, but I can't resist a good burger. At the Palace, on Burger night, one only needs to get within 200 feet of the establishment to know it is Burger night. The glorious smell of burgers wafts through the air like happy ghosts for your nose. When you walk closer, you see all of the happy bike riders sitting down to a burger made to order. They are stuffing their faces and the sauce is dripping down their chins. I am instantly jealous. I want one!

If you're a cyclist, especially the XC type, then you know how important it is to stuff your face. So, I say, go ahead, hit a burger once in a while. Enjoy the beauty that is a burger!

Comments