It's getting colder in Durango

In Oklahoma, the temperatures fluctuate between 85 - 100 degrees. In New York, yesterday, it was 95-degrees. In Southeast Utah the people there were suffering in 100-degree summer heat. In Durango, this morning, it is 50-degrees and I'm wearing a sweatshirt.

It is strange. The ebb and flow of the seasons make for such great commentary. I guess it is because of all the that sunflowers are also in bloom, which means that summer is coming to an end. It might also be the that the days are closing down by 7:45. The loss of summer also means an end to mountain biking.

No, that time has not come, yet. However, the writing is on the wall. I think this year, I'll look back and be happy. During the cold winter months, I'll reflect on the riding I've done. I'll smile and know that I took advantage of a year sponsorship. I'll be comforted by the fact that I travelled to far away places. I'll be happy that I rode.

Comments