No more Moab solo!

I've put my foot down! I've drawn a line in the sand! My mind is made up! I will NOT ride solo in the 24 hours of Moab.

I was all set to ride it this year, but after considering the costs (mostly it was the cost) and my complaints from last year (too tired), I recruited a friend of mine to join me during the race. We'll be racing in the Duo/Pro category.

My friend's name is Dan and he is a mainly an x-terra triathlete. With his ability to suffer through those events, I'm not worried at all. Last night I put him through a power road ride and he passed with flying colors. The guy is a champion!

I'm sure you're wondering why I decided not to take on the solo category. You must be thinking, "Gosh Walker, you've ridden solo two years in a row, why the switch. Is it something you haven't told us?" The answer is yes, I'm not telling you everything.

The 24-hour race scene is expanding to include a lot of other venues. Tucson, AZ; Gunnison, CO; Roman Nose, OK are all holding 24-hour racing events. I want to focus on these and not just Moab. I don't want to spend all my money at Moab, either. I want to enjoy another cheaper race.

That's all I have to say about that...

Comments