You are better I am!


Let's face it. Not one of us is absolutely confident that we are better than another person in everything. We are all like special snowflakes. It is true. In fact, sometimes I wonder if we are actually snowflakes.

When I'm at a race, I wonder, is this person better than I am? Will they get up the hill faster than my legs can carry me? Should I stab them in the leg to prevent them from getting up the hill faster than my legs can carry me?

These are probably typical thoughts.

Sometimes I'm totally honest with myself: yes, this person can get up the hill faster than your legs can carry you and they've done it before. So, baring any "issues" you should expect just that. But, I bet you can kick their ass in "pick up sticks" (you're talking to the pick up sticks champ of John Carroll middle school '93').

In other words, the maxim is true: Walker is the greatest pick up sticks player at John Carroll middle school.

There is another maxim that is also true: you can't be great at everything.

My point is, don't try to hard to impress. Have fun, drink more than you should, smoke some times and be flexible with yourself.

Comments