Telemark Rules!!!

If you haven't been to Lake Tahoe, you should go and check it out. The telemark skiing potential is huge and it's always party time!

Heavenly resort, where we started our skiing adventures, wasn't at all what I had hoped it would be. It was full of tourists. The snow was crap and we ended up tracking out the only good run on the mountain. In other words, we stayed in one place.

In contrast, Kirkwood (see the trail map below) and Sierra had the goods I was looking for. It was awesome to ride the steeps with a descent amount of snow.



This brings me to the point of my blog. I had a revelation. I'm not only a cycling enthusiast, but I am a telemark enthusiast! My second goal in life is to telemark as much as I possibly can, at least until my legs fall off.

I haven't hit the backcountry, yet, but it is coming. If you read this blog and you telemark, give me a shout in the comment section.

Comments

Anonymous said…
WELL HELLS YEAH - GOING UPHILL IS THE ULTIMATE RUSH. I mean once your an hour into it going 3 mph and only halfway up the mountain, thats when the fun begins - and the PAIN - damn smokey - the pain is the whole game. Love it when its really cold too - sure wakes me up - nothin like a beer and the thought of a good telemark the next day - keeps me going. I have an idea - lets get all 10 of the telemarkers in the world and lets start a club - stay in teepees all over Colorado and eat whale blubber. You're my new friend Walker -

Seriously - U R GAY

~Jonas~

Seriously though - U R GAY

~Jonas~