I HATE HUNTING SHOWS!!!

I hate hunting shows! Being a little hungover from the wine last night and watching hunters shoot a black bear has only increased my attitude about these shows! What constitutes their existence? Do advertisers really care about these shows? Who is paying for them? I'd love to know more about the appeal of watching an animal die; especially a wild animal. If you have an opinion, please post a comment after you read mine.

I'm putting my opinions out here, because I'm appalled at this kind of activity! Farming birds and/or deer and setting aside private hunting land is one thing, but killing animals on TV for "sport" is another. Hunting should be all about the food and not the trophy!

Animals have it rough in Southwestern Colorado, especially Bobcats, Wolves, Foxes, Bears, Lynx and Mountain Lions. We need these predators to keep the deer and small animal population in check; hell we even need hunters to manage their growth. What we don't need are hunters destroying our natural environment with four-wheeled ATV's - WILDERNESS WHEELCHAIRS - and their 50 caliber machine guns.

The hunters I saw on the TV show were more concerned with the size of the bear than they were with its meat and/or the loss of a predator. It was a strange mix of homo eroticism and the need to express one's manhood; I even saw a post-kill pat on the butt!!!

OK, my opinion has been stated. Go ahead and attack! I know some people may find offense to this post, but if you're hunting wild animals for sport - ONLY - then keep your stories (show) to yourself!

Comments

Matt McFee said…
We definitely see eye to eye on this issue. Hunting black bears is just absurd.

Bad TV, bad practice.