Super Road Trip: Part I

Folks, the travel has been good. We've covered a lot of honeymoon ground here as well as snow and dirt. Let me be the first to say that playing, working and honeymooning from the road is my cup of tea! Shall we begin...???

Part I:

Our first stop got us into the Oak Creek Brewery in Sedona, AZ where we feasted after six hours of driving. Call us weak on the car time, but we like to break things up. After some tasty brews and some crappy Christmas music we headed back to our the Best Western in Sedona - actually a very fine place. A good nights rest and a Best Western continental breakfast and we were on our way to the trails!

I've ridden in Sedona many times, but this ride would be my favorite. We hit the Bell Rock Pathway to Lama trail and then road out on this spur back to the car. Yep, simple and very cool 1.5 hour ride. Christina (AKA: Pumpkin Pants) did an amazing job riding the semi-technical trails in Sedona. Having just recovered from a broken arm on Porcupine Rim in Moab, UT, she handled herself beautifully. We decided that Walker would need a bit more of the scenery, so Pumpkin Pants took to the town, while I headed out for Templeton Trail.

I couldn't have been happier! New views, cool rock and an awesome array of Singletrack awaited my wheels and I was happy to oblige. Templeton Trail leads you to the East side of Sedona. Then, I connected with Chapel trail and finally Baldwin trail, which led me to the far side of Sedona - a side I've never seen before. An hour of road/pathway riding and I'm back at the car much later than I expected.

Four hours of riding later and we're back in the car heading for Boulder City and Bootleg Canyon. But that story is for Part II, so stay tuned...

Comments