Commitment: Is It The Most Important Thing

Lately, it seems as if I've been having more conversations about commitment and what it means than ever before. Whether I go into the type of commitment isn't as relevant as the fact that commitment seems to be one everyone's mind.



When I think of a business idea, a technical section of singletrack or my relationships, commitment is the first thing that pops into my mind! It isn't so much the proof of the business idea, the "coolness factor" of the singletrack section or the value of my relationships, it is that commitment matters most. Do the partners of my business go forward with my idea with utmost commitment? Will I put everything into this singletrack section? Will I commit to doing everything I promise my wife?

Perhaps there is an easy formula that we could all follow that helps gauge levels of commitment:



To me, it is probably more challenging than a simple equation: we are human after all. So, I'm putting out on the line for you to help me answer.

How can you gauge commitment?
Do you have to pay for it?
Is leverage ALWAYS important?
Are there commitment losers?

Comments