How To Get To Presentation Perfection

Lately, my life goal has been to update the presentation style of a few companies here in town. You might say I'm the charismatic type that enjoys standing in front of an audience. This means people ask me: "hey, will you present my stuff?"

"Sure!" I tell them...

Now, what's the secret to creating a great presentation? Well, I'm no expert, yet, but I can tell you that I've studied a few blogs and websites that might help you avoid this:



Here are a few tips that I've gleaned over the past few weeks:

1. It is all about the narrative! Tell a story with your presentation. Have a clear beginning, climax and end. Check out this online video for a good example of how to build a narrative in your presentation.

2. Don't remind your audience what you just told them; TELL THEM! Guess what, people really don't care what you have to say. Make the key points stick by reminding them what you just said - WHAT YOU JUST SAID.

3. Make an impact! Research your market and look into what they've seen before. Try to make it slightly different. Don't go to overboard, just a little different.

4. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and then TEST! Push yourself on practicing and then practice in front of other people. I'd call the practicing in front of other people the true test. GET THEIR FEEDBACK - this is key.

5. Be visual with your power point slide. Don't use too many words. According to Alan Watts, my favorite philosopher, the human mind is visual, which is why Hindu and Buddhists have so many icons to get their point across.

Comments