Kauai Na Pali Coast Trail - Almost There

Most people call Hawaii an island paradise. I call it relaxation paradise. For those of you who know me or have kept up with my blog, I'm not much of a beach person. "Chillin" isn't in my vocabulary, which is why I'm blogging now incidentally. I've been filling my days with a morning run after breakfast, swimming and sea kayaking. But still that isn't enough for me. I'm used to six hours on the mountain bike a day! So, I call what I'm doing "relaxing". Now, there is something I'm really excited about and that is our time on Kauai and hiking the Na Pali coast trail.

Described by many as Hawaii's most beautiful island, the "Garden Island" looks beautiful! OK, the whole island-chain is beautiful, but this one is supposed to be the best.

Pumpkin Pants and me are planning our trip and getting supplies ready for the 11-mile (one-way) hike to one of the most secluded and least visited beaches in Hawaiian islands. I hear that it is extreme with numerous goat-trail sections that are as wide as one foot; sheer on one side and slick on the other. Now, that's not relaxing and I can't wait...

Pics and a story to come... Stand by...

Comments