In Talking With Your Friends What Do They Say About...???

It seems well informed people talk about the same things at the same time. This makes sense if you think about it. Quality news outlets like NPR, (National Public Radio), the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and New York Times either break stories or provide such keen insight and analysis that the "informed" can't help but consider the issues and talk with their friends. Lately, my experience has been the deeper level conversation. But what are my friends talk about?

On The Economy:
I've heard several viewpoint here. The most striking has to be the idea that so-called "normal" citizens, or those that didn't take an adjustable rate mortgage (or some other fun financial tool) won't see the economy impact them. Although, their mortgages may not (or may) cost them more, what about the costs of food prices? What about gas prices? What about banks taking less risk, so small business loans suffer? What about consumer spending? Let's face it the economy is tied to just about everything we do. Saying there is no impact is saying China's pollution won't touch me in Durango, CO - not so!

On The Iraq War:
"We should pull out" or "no we have to stick to our strategy" are the things that I hear from my friends. This week Al-Maliki issued a surprising proclamation: that he does want a timetable for US troop withdraw. To me, this is our way out. If the Iraqi's think they are ready and we've transfered about 50% of occupied territories to the provincial governments, then our job is done right?

On The Candidates:
"I have no idea what McCain is about, except that he's like George Bush" and "Obama is about change and that's what we need" are the things that I heard from my friends this week. Whether you agree or not, one thing is for certain, Obama is the popular guy at the party and McCain is not.

What's your "friend feed" like this week?

Comments