What Companies Do The Best In A Rough Economy?

Simple: those that collaborate! I wrote in an earlier post that an innovation culture can drive even more success; especially when you think outside the box. And to me, outside the box means collaborating...

Yep, I sure can stretch a cliche'

Just this week, I read an interesting post in the Wall Street Journal HealthBlog. The story: two companies shine in rough times. And how do they do it. Here's a little tidbit from the blog...
Two remarkably sunny reports just in from the stormy seas of the drug business: Genentech and Johnson & Johnson reported solid second-quarter earnings. The moral of the story is familiar but worth repeating here: Biotech specialty drugs and diversified business lines are two good defenses against the problems facing the drug business these days.
Not that diversification means collaboration, but believe me Johnson and Johnson is collaborator. Who says so? Well Google. OK, not really Google, but numerous queries are returned when you search "Johnson and Johnson Collaboration". Don't believe me, go here.

Perhaps it isn't all just collaboration, but I do believe these two companies represent the type of culture that needs to be encouraged. Clearly they are doing something right!

Comments