Connecting Social Networks And Driving Marketing

It won't be the first time that I've asked a company to experiment with an idea... That's at least the thought that's running through my head as I venture into a new relationship with an awesome consulting company called Extanz. Their goal: expand our social networking presence.

Lately, I've been reading a lot about marketing using social networks. Needless to say, it is the newest and most powerful venue. SEO/SEM are dead. According to a Harvard Business Review podcast, Google changed its algorithm over 365 times last year. That means, SEO/SEM people are stuck try to figure out Google's math. Likely, that kind of marketer has limited resources and is not as capable as Google's team. Thus, social networks are the way to make drive hits. But what does it take?

I'm a prolific blogger. I write for a few companies and enjoy it. To me, content is king! No matter what kind of Social Networking program you're launching, content matters. And not just any content. The important things to focus on are the important things. Your writing should be targeted and specific. Why? Because your audience is more targeted. What do I mean by this? Well, simply put, because you're producing content in specific social networks, you'll want to act specifically. In other words, don't write about silly things in LinkedIn. Do that in Facebook. Make sense?

I'm looking forward to what Extanz will do for the social network marketing...

Comments