The American Gangster Had A Great Idea For Strategy

In the movie, American Gangster, Denzel Washington's real life character explains how he became one of America's most powerful and successful drug dealers. He had a plan...

1. Find a room and put one semi-uncomfortable chair in the center
2. Ask yourself, what do you want to accomplish?
3. Focus on that goal and nothing else......
4. Think about every little detail

Once he left the room he focused on nothing else. He pushed forward his ideas with gusto and did a lot of the work himself - nothing stood in his way. OK, not all of us are drug dealers, but not all of us are risking our lives on the black market. So, is this a sound planning strategy?

I thought about this during an evening out with friends. Prior to their arrival at the restaurant, I sat calmly and watched people. I asked myself one question: do I have a semi-uncomfortable chair...

Comments