McCain In Durango, CO And Durangoans Say: OBAMA

Right now, I'm hooked up to the Verizon network and driving past Obama support signs of all sorts! Blow up bush/McCain dolls hugging each other; a little girl was holding a "Babies for Obama supporters," another woman had a sign that read: "THIS MOTHER IS FOR THE BROTHER". I'm nearing the high school, where McCain will speak and the Obama-ness is getting even stronger. Durango is saying - McCain, we don't want a third term.

McCain/Palin signs are nowhere to be found. Even in the line of McCain supporters, I saw like one sign. In fact, if you were a McCain supporter, which I just passed about 150 in a line to see the Senator, then you were weirdly quiet - no signs...

Now, why am I not out there? Well this kid asked that question and I said, "Look on the car dude, I'm going to Fruita to Mountain Bike, but I am a supporter!"

GO OBAMA

Comments

Anonymous said…
Walker you are full of it. Pull your bike seat out of your ass! There were way more civilized people on the inside than fools on the sidewalk.
Anonymous said…
Walker you propagandist liar. I was in line from 2:50 on. The line was huge by 3:30p and it kept coming. They finally serpentined it on the HS lawn. When they finally let us in, people were still streaming in when McCain started.

I've lived in Durango 20 years and Pagosa Springs 5 and I have never seen such a crowd in Durango.

As for the "protest" I've seen bigger protest gatherings in Durango without and election or candidate. It was weak and amature.

Signed
I was there in the 60's.
amazing how antagonistic you guys get when you feel threatend...geez.
Walker Thompson said…
Love the feedback...

Not sure I agree with the "propagandist" title as I don't work for the Democratic party nor Obama's campaign.

Also, I'd bet a buffalo nickel the crowd would be triple the size if Obama where here. But, no worries, the triple-effect will come from voters!
Anonymous said…
You know what always makes me laugh is the people who are the most outspoken name callers, always post anonymously. Anyone who is not willing to stand by their comments should be dismissed out of hand. Ironically i would use the same words they used commenting on your blog to describe them. Maybe they are simply projecting.