Just Read That Hong Kong Wants To Screen US Passengers

Ahh CHOO!!! According to Forbes.com medical news website, Asian official would like US officials to officially screen officially looking sick people. Yes, going beyond the wand search, shoes off and long lines, perhaps, soon you will faced with a cough test, cotton swabs and a "I'm sorry sir, but you might be sick, and as an unqualified medical expert, I'm going to have to ask you to go to our containment room; WHERE THE SMOKERS ARE!!!"

But the story is real, sort of:
A 24-year-old man with fever and flu symptoms passed through all U.S. immigration checkpoints on Sunday as he flew from Las Vegas to San Francisco, then boarded Cathay Pacific flight CX 879 on Monday to return Hong Kong. Before his trip, on May 6, the patient developed a fever, and two days later he had a cough and a sore throat.
The man did not actually develop any symptoms. As for me, flying on planes gets me sick anyway, so I guess I should stay away from Hong Kong...

Comments