Leadership and Emotional Trust

I'll say it again... The most important thing for a leader, is what? LEADERSHIP! The qualities of a true leader can't be understated and I'm sure there are many that you can think of. Go ahead, start thinking...

Done yet? I'm sure you listed things like:
  • Vision
  • Mental toughness
  • Willing to take responsibility
  • Peer respect
  • Practical
  • Etc...
However, I think, and I'd argue this point with anyone, the MOST important thing a leader must maintain is emotional trust! Just because your company is profitable, sustainable, has a great product, and people say they like working there, a leader is NOTHING without emotional trust from the employees... Spreadsheets and profit/loss statements don't do it. People don't follow numbers, they follow their emotions!

Comments