More of the data, which represents a good year so far. But will the trend continue? Be sure to read the tea leaves in the outlook section below...
Sales: Most retailers report Black Friday weekend sales that were above or equal to last year.
- 40% of retailers report increased sales
- 36% report sales as being flat or the same as last year
- 24% report declining sales
- 37% of retailers report better than expected traffic
- 48% report traffic was as expected
- 15% indicate traffic was lighter than expected
- 52% believe this holiday season will be better than last year
- 33% believe this year will be the same as last year
- 15% feel that sales will decline from last year