Meditation - Sit And Be Mentally Fit

As a weekend-warrior athlete, I can tell you that I've totally neglected introspection... But not just any, a truly meditative and deeply spiritual journey into the mind. One that creates space and allows me to see my thoughts/fears/insecurities for what they are: nothing more than a fictitious creation of my mind. I let my focus take control of me, which isn't bad, but when it turns into an uncontrollable mania, is. Instead of balanced, I'm unbalanced. BUT, as an athlete, I'm all about action! Last night I did a very short seated meditation and peeked ever so slightly into the realms of, well, me... It wasn't the eye-opening, awe-inspiring moment that we might want to have, it was just sitting and thinking. It was quiet... It was just me. Next step... Do it again, and again, and again...

Thank you to http://www.flickr.com/photos/alicepopkorn/1676300378/ for the great pic!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments