- The freak show that is Herman Cain and his handling of the sexual harassment charges is a fraction of my concern when I compare it to his "brother from another mother"comment concerning taking money from the Koch brothers. Hey Tea Party, this is not what you so strongly stood for is it - special interests controlling our politicians? Wow! Cain, you are a simpleton!
- New of Andy Rooney's death. Just this morning, Andy Rooney, long time colorful commentator on 60-minutes and former WWII war correspondent has passed on. As a 60-minutes fan, I'll miss the man and his short, witty, and ironic words of wisdom. Watch his "best of" in this post by the Daily Beast.
- My trip to Silicon Valley and attendance at the Silicon Valley Product Group - "Re-Think Product Marketing" learning session was KICK ASS! If I had to pull three powerful points in this learning session, I would say the following.
- Sales/Marketing need to have a strong partnership with Product Management! Key is the leadership and their relationship.
- Remember your customers have lives too... Try to market in ways they want to be marketed to. Your marketing is competing with soccer practice, TV shows, work, a fourth cup of coffee, grocery shopping, laziness, multiple digital screens, and the upcoming holiday season.
- Strategies need to be simple, and each tactic needs to prove itself worthy.
- New snow in Durango... Welcome winter - not that excited!
- WhenToManage continues to grow! The past two months have been very excited for the company I work for! It is awesome to work with such professional people with a knack for building solutions that really do work (remember, I was an actual user). On the sales and marketing side, our SEO and sales acquisitions have grown tremendously.
Some of my latest pics below... Not much this week.
|New secret climbing area...|
|My gut and all of it's glory! Halloween night|