Another Help-My-Day-Be-More-Efficient Book?

Another book about mastering efficiency??? Oh geez... Aren't there like a thousand out there, or more? Yep, sure are...

I just started reading a new one, and different from the four/five hour work week book (insane concept if you ask me... This does NOT work for a sales or marketing rep), the book 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done by Peter Bregman has at its core a central idea that we could all use: asking yourself what is this moment/day/minute/year about?

The core theme of the book gave me pause, as many times I'm moving through my week/day/moment without really considering where I'm going. What if I start doing the wrong things that have no impact on "what this is all about"? Easy answer... I get distracted and I lose focus. So far, the book hasn't made its way to the top of my reading list, but I like where it is headed so far.

What productivity books do you like, or, better yet, which ones seem like they were written by someone who has more time on their hands than you do - causing you to hate them?

Comments