Admiration In the Outdoor World

What do you admire in an outdoor athlete? As for me, I'm in awe of people who can do the amazing on their mountain bikes. I'm talking those that shred downhill on very technical terrain, or who trick through the air. The skill involved here and the learning curve is tough - trust me, I've got the scars to prove it. I used to be just a racer-type (and still love to go fast uphill), but to me the true skill of riding a bike is making it do things people never even thought was possible.

I admire:

  • Not the lack of fear, but the intense focus
  • Vision to hit lines no one dares
  • The training that goes into the big lines
  • Digging in the dirt to make the jump or line in the first place
  • The connection with your mind - calm
I admire those qualities that really make a Red Bull athlete or even a few close friends in Durango. 

Comments