Adventurous Attitude Awaits Awe

Ever live somewhere adventurous? A place most people dream about going to for their coveted vacations? If so, you're one of the lucky few, as am I. For the past 10 years I've lived in Durango, Colorado and each day an adventure awaits. However, as I've gone through some MASSIVE changes in my life over the past 1.6 years, adventure has turned into routine. There are likely many out there who have explored the very fabric of the ground we shred. I've been all over this area, and, I really hate to say this, I've lost my awe! But all is not lost (for those of you feeling sorry for me - or baffled at my statement). As outdoor athletes, I think we all get to this point in our lives... We all come to a point and say, "where did the awe in adventure go?" A friend and mentor of mine told me that he has to discover new terrain to "not get bored". I'm close to his sentiment, but I usually let him find the good stuff... As for me, I've been taking a different approach and that means seeking new adventure, with different activities. Jiu Jitsu has been a cool one to explore, and finally I'm making headway there on skills development. This has allowed me to pause and reconnect with the spirit of adventure that I love so much! I've also made some significant adjustments in focus. Life gets in the way, and if there are components of my life that need to be augmented, well, I'm doing so - and with the quickness...

Perhaps this is the most lame thing to be writing about considering all the heartache in the world, but it is important to me - the loss of love for adventure and awe. That said, by connecting and going to the next level as a person, I'm getting it back! What do you do to stay motivated?

Comments