What I Learned About Flow-ing...



When you think of the word "FLOW" what comes to mind? I was asked this question last night and I think of the words: effortless, creation of joy, supreme focus, feeling of flight...

But the big catch for me was when my girlfriend asks, "what keeps you from flowing..." This one totally stumped me!  A quality question!

The picture to the left illustrates flow... If you're overly confident and have way to many skills for the task, you're going to get bored. At this point, you'll need to up the challenge. If you have too few skills then anxiety sets in. If your skills are way below par, get ready for a PANIC ATTACK. At this point, you'll need to increase your skills and/or confidence. But the point of the thought experiment is to understand how to reach your flow... I certainly don't know what blocks me, but I'm thinking about this very seriously now! Thanks babe for the life lesson last night!

Comments