Dear Legs, Thank You!

Dear Legs,

Gosh, when was the last time we spoke? Oh, yeah, about the knee... There's that. I wouldn't call it pleading, but close. We've been through a lot of mountain bike trail together. Durango, Portland, Black Rock, Telluride, Crested Butte, Oklahoma, New Jersey, New York, California, Utah, Moab (another state in Utah), New Mexico, Alabama, Texas, Arizona, Flagstaff (another state in Arizona - you know what I mean), Bend, Boise...

I've asked you to travel through the woods, hike deep into the desert and tackle some of Colorado's most pristine snow-covered mountains. You've been dunked in cold water, only asked to go full pace afterwards. The scrapes, bruises and cuts are yours to share, and mine to remember. Whether with back-country skis on or mountain bike shoes, you've taken it all so well.

I call them leg one and leg two...
I appreciate your toughness, your willingness to go just a little further into the horizon. I'm grateful for your flexibility, and not ever breaking. You don't give up, and just ask for a little food from time to time. I'm so happy to have you, and I promise, if you fix that knee problem, I'll be even happier.

Love,

Walker

Comments