What Is Your Intention?

Ever go through one of those monumental life changes? One that makes you reconsider how you've been traveling throughout the space/time continuum? This summer seemed to produce this question for me... Not only was June 1 through Labor Day some of the most incredible days I've had on this planet, but I came back different, altered... But before I get into ME, ask yourself these questions:
  1. Do I live my life according to the universe. In other words, I don't really have a plan, I just know what to do... 
  2. Do I live my life like a task master? I know exactly what tasks I'm going to complete and when! 
  3. Do I live my life with intention? I don't know all the tasks I need to complete, but my intention is to _______________ (kick ass, ride my bike hard, not eat too much, stay focused, give 110%, be mindful today, be happy today, etc)
I've been a combination of 1 and 2, but never really 3. But having really thought about 3, I guess I find myself in the confines of intention. To me, an intention, is something you strive for and focus on. It is akin to saying: I'm going to the top of that mountain, not sure how, but I'm going to do it! Your intention is everything, your purpose! On the contrary, task masters focus on getting things done. They have lists and pursue those tasks with a fever reserved for the addict. But when the task is over, now what? So you see how powerful the change is for me (a task master). Who knows where this will take me, but I am wholeheartedly going to live my life with intention, or at least task myself to do so.

Comments