Why Biz Dev Teams Should Love Balsamiq's Mockup Tools

Remember the book Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug? In the book, Krug argues that great web/app design has one rule - make it easy on your users. Simple things like, don't make clicks so hard! In other words, if I have a goal to get to somewhere using your app and I feel like it should take me two clicks instead of six; well, you get the point. Business Development teams are, more and more, becoming product team members. We don't just take a product and sell it, we take small tasks users do and elevate them as more cost-effective, profitable and efficient. And to do this well, you need to tell a good story! That's where Balsamiq comes in...


I've used Balsamiq for my own projects, but never that often in sales presentation. However, I've found demonstrating new feature upgrades, ideas and software tasks easier to message when using Balsamiq. For some reason, and I'm sure Balsamiq knows this, creating fun mockups is addictive. To me, it is akin to standing at a whiteboard going through a presentation (the interface feels that way). For some reason, the whiteboard is fun too...


With Balsamiq, I can create mobile mockups on iOS and then connect the dots to a web app. I can showcase how users will find success after each click with arrows and indicators. Naturally, I can add a smiley face to accentuate the glory of what I'm showcasing. Remember when we used to do all this with Visio? Well, try out Balsamiq during your next pitch and you'll see what I'm talking about... Furthermore, you just might find out how good you are at mockups and create your own apps!

Comments