Well, About Those Hard Things...

When I workout I don't really listen to music that often. Instead, I flex my muscles or shred my bike to a podcast. On Friday's, I typically listen to the Diane Rhem show. While on Sunday's, I listen to Meet The Press. The opportunity to learn while exercising has been one of the most joyous parts of my outdoor shredding career, and sometimes the most distracting. On one particular Meet The Press, I was getting so fed up with the political jabber that I had to keep stopping to calm down. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was actually talking out loud. And with the volume turned up I couldn't really notice anyone but me and my political frustrations. When I stopped to pull over, another bike rider rode past me and said, "I totally agree. That was a little ridiculous he said that on Meet The Press last Sunday." Ha! True story...

I'm amazed by what the internet can offer. I didn't go to the Stanford Engineering School, nor was I raised in California for that matter. But I love the fact that I can go online and watch an entrepreneurial presentation by Ben Horowitz from the VC firm Andreesson and Horowitz. For starters, Horowitz is a hip hop fan, so despite his amazing achievements, he's already piqued my interest. Secondly, I'm enamored by his peace time vs war time CEO concept. The talk is mainly about his new book The Hard Things About Hard Things. I've already purchased a sample copy, and then promptly bought the whole book. Go ahead and check out the talk for yourself:

Comments