Meditation: The One Thing I Should Be Doing...

If I had a dollar for every day I told myself, "gee, I think I'll start meditation today..." there would be another $1,600 in my bank account. From what I know, heard, read, figured and understood is meditation is one of the clearest paths to true mental and physical health. Ah, but who has the time, right? I should, my obligations are pretty simple... Alas, I never seem to actually sit down, breath and just relax! So the best way for me to try this out... Well, there's an app for that: HeadSpace...

As of this moment, I'm on day 1 of 10 (after that, I think I have to subscribe). The app experience, again, so far, was really enjoyable. The narrator (voice in the app) was pleasant and calming - job one, score! There is a calendar and alarm to remind me about my meditation commitment. Oh, and like every app, I can keep track of my progress (would be kind of cool if I could add data to the app like: I'm totally fucking killing it with mindfulness). So, we'll see how it goes... Already though, I'm feeling pretty good.

Comments