Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physical / Mentals

As an executive, boyfriend, leader and mountain athlete, I'm always trying to find new things to improve my production, training and mental fortitude. Take what you want from this list, or feel free to comment and add more...

  1. This hour-long oriental beat mix is one of my new favorite work / training youtube go-to's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLmUpbGCBB0&t=597s To me the progressive house / ethic sounds get me thinking more deeply. I'm a fan of focus tunes! 
  2. This quote is one gift I'll give myself a few times over the weekend "we don't rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus (Greek Lyric / Poet). The impact this had on my Friday morning put me in to a spin. I asked questions of myself, I hadn't in a while. 
  3. Just bought a PacSafe backpack, and thinking I kind of like it... Their thing is backpack security / anti-theft features. The zippers have a small piece of webbing that prevent would-be thefts from easily ripping your bag open. I'm not really a theft-freak, so I didn't buy it for this issues. I just liked the bag - lots of pockets, small and lightweight and easy to throw over my shoulder. As a frequent business traveler, I'm trying to ditch my roller bag, so I might eventually go with one of the larger backpacks. 
  4. As I'm from Oklahoma, and have Navajo / Cherokee tribal / blood, I've been on this kick of reading more about the Native Americans from Oklahoma and the Southwest US. I'm rather close to finishing Empire Of The Summer Moon. The detail and kingdom of the Commanche Indians comes to life in this book... I didn't know how powerful they were as a tribe, and how long they fought against the US Army. What's more, their hunting ground / territory was near the Wichita mountains of Oklahoma. This was my rock climbing home base. Today, in the Wichita's, there are still Buffalo roaming through the craggy hills! 
  5. An good freaking deed! While traveling this week, I left my Kindle in the Uber I took to the airport. Within 30 minutes, the Uber driver texted me and let me know my mistake. She's already shipped it to my house - you wouldn't get this treatment in a cab; sorry, but you wouldn't! #gopeertopeer!
That's it for now... Comment or shoot me a direct message on Twitter https://twitter.com/walkerthompson if you think I should research something else or consider gear out there! 

Comments