Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals

As an executive, people leader, entrepreneur and mountain athlete, I'm always trying to find new things to improve my production, training and mental fortitude. Take what you want from this list, or feel free to comment and add more...


  1. To kick us off... I just can't seem to get enough of Rage Against the Machine. Their live performances, which include speeches about injustice and unfair political systems have just as much impact now, more than ever. We all could use a reminder about the stupidity of our politics and that ONLY an informed electorate will keep our nation whole. As of now, with Trump in office, I don't see much hope... Maybe a little RATM can change that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9S-JVKw0mE WAKE UP! 
  2. Interested in changing from that same old shock pump to a digital one? I've been using the Lezyne Digital Shock Drive http://www.lezyne.com/product-hpumps-hp-digishockdrive.php for a few months now, and I'm hooked. The shock doesn't pull a lot of air out of the shock when you remove the valve, so the digital gauge is accurate. The only drawback is the length of the valve and the grip. Seems like the grip is going to wear down after some time, and with larger hands, I find it hard to grip and turn - or maybe I'm getting arthritis... 
  3. With the 416Fire raging in Durango, CO, we escaped the disaster zone and headed to Crested Butte to work remotely and ride (at this point, I feel like I've just done more work here). But, the air is clear and that's the most important thing! On to the recommendation... I've ridden just about every MTB ride in Crested Butte, except for this one: Snodgrass - Washington Gulch - Lupine Trail - Gunsight Pass Connector - Lower, Lower loop. The ride is fairly easy, with some good climbing - https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7003580/snodgrass-lupine-lower-loop-combo
  4. One of my new favorite quotes: "Whatever you are, be a good one..." Abraham Lincoln
  5. I drink beer... I probably shouldn't as it does kind of hurt my stomach some times, but I do enjoy a frosty one. One of my new favorite heavy ABV Double IPAs  (DIPA) is the Epic Day by Eddyline Brewery in Buena Vista. This 1 pint, 10% ABV beer is a kind of a head knocker, but I love the test and it really cools down the pain after a long ride! http://eddylinebrewing.com/beer-type/epic-day-double-ipa/

Comments