- Similar to my last post, I have to share another band I'm listening too... My bent this week is downtempo / tribal / house -- what I call: work music. Thylacine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPoMkTV1cUg has that unique connection to the piano / techno / tribal / funk, which gave me some critical focus this week. There's an emotion to the music; a deeper connection to the heart. Check it out...
- I stared reading Ray Dalio's Principles https://www.principles.com/ So far, I'm enjoying learning about his life as commodity trader / early investor in the oil / minerals business. His text weaves in how his mistakes were caused, mainly, as a result of not living his principles. Money wasn't the driver, his desires for good relationships and meaningful work were.
- The #416Fire sucks! Please, if you're reading this, pray for rain!
- I introduced https://www.beautiful.ai/ to my team the other day. What's unique about this presentation solution is that it forces you weave in simplicity in to business presentations. I'm guilty of busy slides, so are many of my colleagues.
- If you know me, I journal... I've been reading about journal discipline, and started on the five minute journal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glFMpyx_oU4 I like it, except for the affirmations part (so I typically skip this). I'd promote that almost every time I've detailed an intention for the day, it has come true... I guess my connection to the universe is stronger than I had thought!
Saturday, June 30, 2018
Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals
As an executive, people leader, entrepreneur and mountain athlete, I'm always trying to find new things to improve my production, training and mental fortitude. Take what you want from this list, or feel free to comment and add more...