Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals

As an executive, people leader, entrepreneur and mountain athlete, I'm always trying to find new things to improve my production, training and mental fortitude. Take what you want from this list, or feel free to comment and add more...


  1. As always, I love to start off with work / meditation / training / shredding tunes... For this week, I'm hooked on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T2hBHmdT_M&t=649s The Emancipator Seven Seas album was the cause for my focus on a few key tasks last night. Like Aspen leaves quaking with a light wind, there's a calm and an unexpected flow to the tunes on this album. Take a listen! 
  2. For the MTB rider looking for an alternative to the fanny pack, the Specialized Bib is my newest suggestion https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mountain-liner-bib-shorts-w-swat/p/151887 Once again Specialized brings innovation in all the right ways: pockets embedded in the bib for your phone, tube, snacks - whatever... I rode with my phone in the middle back pocket - barely noticed it was there. The bib fits well too... I'm a solid 32" waist and 34" inseam (6') with some bulky legs (like all of us avid cyclists) - the fit was great! 
  3. I just started reading The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HNJIJB2/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1 My goal with this book is to ACTUALLY read the daily posts, every day. I started mid-summer, so we'll see how I do. The chapters are awesome and full of great quotes and ideas for driving your stoic life. 
  4. One of our great statesmen and leaders, Senator John McCain passed this week... He was a balance on the moron we have in the White House. A true American hero. Many of our Senators don't talk about the beautiful places they visit, I liked this quote of his: I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, the hand of God is there also. 
  5. I'm working through some web re-design work... As challenging as this is, I am always reminded of Steve Krugs book https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Me-Think-Usability/dp/0321344758 ANYONE doing web design or UX should read this book! 

Comments

GamesBX said…
great thank you for sharing
GamesBX20
GamesBX100
GamesBX99
GamesBX3
TrinhNam said…
Thank you for your extremely meaningful article
FRIV3
Y8