As an executive, people leader, entrepreneur and mountain athlete, I'm always trying to find new things to improve my production, training and mental fortitude. Take what you want from this list, or feel free to comment and add more...
- I'm still on my Specialized Bike kick, and their Mountain Liner short with SWAT pocket options is my new go-to for liners. The short fit is tight and perfect (I'm a 32" waste with large thighs, 6' tall). The SWAT pockets are on the thighs with room for some snacks and maybe a CO2 cartridge - they just aren't that big. Having the storage option is pretty cool. I look to see more of this kind of innovation from Specialized. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mountain-liner-shorts-w-swat/p/151889?color=243378-151889
- For my music pick this week, I'm highlighting Sound Tribe Sector Nine's (STS9) live performances... STS9 is making a helluva comeback, and I've been digging their tunes - easy to have on background, funky and full of great jams. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OG2ere55B4
- Have to plug the Hard Rock Casino at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We stayed there for four nights last week. Overall, the accommodations were, well, just easy. At this all-inclusive resort, we were close to the beach, had an incredible room and the staff was really nice. I'm not the beach-type, but the Punta Cana beaches were clear of rocks and debris, so a night beach walk was easy to pull of https://www.hardrockhotelpuntacana.com/
- A big question for my readers... Is Marijuana stock the new BitCoin? With the surge in value this week, I have to ask. Check out this article by Barrons https://www.barrons.com/articles/marijuana-stocks-tilray-bitcoin-1537552798
- I'm still not finished with Ray Dalio's Principles book, but some of his quotes are really hitting home to me... “Having the basics—a good bed to sleep in, good relationships, good food, and good sex—is most important, and those things don’t get much better when you have a lot of money or much worse when you have less. And the people one meets at the top aren’t necessarily more special than those one meets at the bottom or in between.”