Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals

Opinions, thoughts and recommendations on things: shredding outdoors, books, music, outdoor gear, tech, training and mental fortitude... Oh, and one picture from the week. Enjoy.  

Pic of the week: the pic of the week isn't a pic, but a video... I took this while mountain biking the Bear Creek trail in Silverton, CO (a newer trail off of the Colorado Trail). This little brook took me beyond myself for a few moments. I also have this obsession with watching little streams and brooks. 


1. My music selection for this week has to be https://soundcloud.com/artifakts/i-know by Artifakts. This song collects hip hop, classic tunes and EDM in to one song. This one is a solid choice for a mountain bike ride (most my songs are); it just has that beat that helps you whip! 

2. I'm not a fan of excessive packs all over my bike or wearing a back pack while riding much anymore (unless it is a long ride or dirt biking). So, the https://www.dakine.com/en-us/bags/bags-accessories/hip-packs/hip-pack/ Dakine classic hip pack is the perfect shredding companion. It is small, has more storage than you think and I can wear it under a jersey. I also use this for skiing too... One of those hip packs that's stealthy and helpful. They also have a stealth version too! 

3. I've got a hoodie addiction... There, I said it. My newest hoodie is the Kuhl Fleece Interceptr https://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/fleece/interceptr-hoody/ This hoodie is warm, breathes well and is ever-so-soft! What's more, I'm 6' and about 175 lbs, with an athletic build and the biggest frustration I have with outdoor brands garment length. This hoodie sits close to the waist and doesn't have this "drag over your butt" thing that I experience with some brands. I want things tight and my skinny butt to really show! 

4. This next one is easy... It is XMAS time, and if you're in the bike market go to  PinkBike's buy/sell marketplace. There is really no better place to find a rad shredding machine that this website / forum. I've sold a few bikes here, and love the marketplace! https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/

5. I quote... Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. Marcus Aurelius

Comments