Does Anyone Care About Your Morning Routine?

If I read about another blog about someone's morning routine, I'm going to lose it... What is the obsession about morning routines? Is morning the new "night"? Meaning: as American's turn away from late nights and alcohol, do we now see morning as the time when we are most free? I'd argue, yes... But there seems to be an obsession with morning routines now. So, fine, I'll give you mine... Again, who cares anyway.


My Morning Routine:

  1. 5:30 AM wake up
  2. I start the heaters in my garage gym
  3. Quickly head back inside and arrange the coffee (always French pressed, always)
  4. I start to read a few posts on Medium or head in to my Kindle for a few daily reads (Daily Stoic and 365 Tao are my favs right now)
  5. Grab the journal (which I've been doing for over 10 years) and start to write few notes about my day, or just scribble noise on to the pages
  6. Workout around 6:45 or 7 AM, for about 45 minutes... If I'm traveling for business, I'm at the gym by 6:15 and I reverse just about everything. 
  7. Quick breakfast (usually just cereal or an energy bar). 
  8. Head to work (commute) or start up the mainframe in my basement, if I'm working from home... 
And that's it... My morning routine. Having added this to my blog, I'm starting to wonder... Again... Why is this kind of posting interesting to anyone - HA! 

Comments