Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals

Opinions, thoughts and recommendations on things: shredding outdoors, books, music, outdoor gear, tech, training and mental fortitude... Oh, and one picture from the week. Enjoy.  

Pic of the week: well, I've painted my house... Again... This whole idea of painting my house has been kind of a shit show. I started with a yellow-ish look with the red trim. Considering the house looked like a McDonald's location I then switched to a darker concept. So far, I'm liking the grey and the red trim... Being a homeowner ain't easy! 


1. My music selection for this week is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsBOE0mKGYs from Mantaza, a South American Tribal Tech House Band combines traditional Chilean music with electronic beats like never before. If you're in to tribal music reworked with modern electronica, you will love this band! 

2. I just picked up a pair of the Specialized Enduro gloves https://www.specialized.com/us/en/enduro-gloves/p/151196 A few things I like: comfort, ease of installation (with your hand) and moisture-wicking. What I don't like: the color (yellow, really?) and the dot grip is falling off. Great start Specialized, but more work to do here. 

3. I'm giving Smith one more shot... The Smith Attack Max MTB lens has, so far, not disappointed https://www.smithoptics.com/us/Root/Men%27s/Sunglasses/Performance/Attack-Max/p/2004232OP99X6. Previously, I had the older Attack (I think sunglasses) with the green lens. I feel as though I could barely see contrast in the woods. Buy the Max gold lens! 

4. The Google Max speaker is amazing https://store.google.com/us/product/google_home_max?hl=en-US! The sound quality coming from this home-filling speaker is well beyond what I thought it would deliver. Amazing bass and rich mid tones dance from this speaker. What's more, it is a smart speaker, so you can ask it to say cuss words and look up stupid shit. 

5. And I quote: “What’s worse is that long hours, excessive busyness, and lack of sleep have become a badge of honor for many people these days. Sustained exhaustion is not a badge of honor, it’s a mark of stupidity.” ― Jason Fried, It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work



Comments