Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals

Opinions, thoughts and recommendations on things: shredding outdoors, books, music, outdoor gear, tech, training and mental fortitude... Oh, and one picture from the week. Enjoy.  

Pic of the week: the high-country mountain biking is getting a little closer to opening up! Below is a pic of Engineer mountain, and boy was the shred awesome! I had to ride from the bottom of the trail up, and then back; as I'm sure there is still too much snow off of Coal Bank pass. #shredding! 



1. My music selection for this week: Nils Frahm, live at the Boiler Room https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xih8aiacRSk If you're a piano and tech fan, then check out this live production. He's got a way with the piano that only Phillip Glass can rival, in my very wacked out opinion. 

2. The Samsung Galaxy Buds https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/audio/galaxy-buds/ have now become my new go to earbuds! These things fit tightly within my ear and provide a seal that locks out most of the ambient noise (I can see why they have an ambient setting to allow noise back in). The base is solid too, with amble umph on every hit you want to hear. The Bose earbuds are still better from a sheer sound quality perspective, but the way they hang off my ear is a little funky - other mountain bikers comment all the time about them. 

3. I just picked up a new pair of 5.10 Freerider Pros https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/five-ten-freerider-pro-men%27s-mountain-bike-shoe/BTL94.html. My prior downhill / park shoes were about 10 years old, so time to get with the program. The Freerider is sick! They are lower pro than the Impact Pro that I dogged out for so many  years. What's more, the Freerider seems about a lbs lighter! I'm on three rides with them and so far, so good! 

4. One thing I can't comment on, but am looking in to is a Rogue power rack or squat rack... From a garage gym perspective, I think the modular aspect of the racks are very interesting. You can add on all kinds of components from lat pull downs to dead lift stands. I'm still looking around, so if you have any suggestions, please comment. 

5. Quote of the blog today: "People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy."
-- Tony Robbins

Comments