Five Life Impactors - Tools / Ideas / Physicals / Mentals

Opinions, thoughts and recommendations on things: shredding outdoors, books, music, outdoor gear, tech, training and mental fortitude... Oh, and one picture from the week. Enjoy.  

Pic of the week: the views over Durango never disappoint! What's more, I was on my new rig for the shred South down Raider's Ridge trail. I don't suspect we'll have this Indian Summer view for long, but sure is nice. 


1. My music selection this week comes from Emancipator https://open.spotify.com/track/7rHHlnraImG6cdz9sv7mag This techno, hop hop, jazz and electric DJ duo bring a lot to their music! What's more, they are coming to Telluride to play in December, so get ready to rock. 

2. The Specialized Atlas knee pads have been a nice additional to my defensive line of protective clothing. They aren't a concrete defender, so don't think you can take these to the hard surfaces, but for trails they are well-built and STAY PUT! That's right, no more dreaded knee gap! Finally, they act as a bit of a lightweight knee warmer too. https://www.specialized.com/us/en/atlas-knee-pads/p/159677

3. I've become somewhat enamored with hoodies (no real surprise there) and the Rab Nucleus hoody is now one of my favorites https://rab.equipment/us/nucleus-hoody# It is warm, and has underarm breathing ports to keep the most prone-to-sweat areas clear of the nasty. The look is great too... Rab has always focused on athletes, so for a slim and fit guy like me, it fits just right. 

4. I just bought a pair of Topo Shoes, and I'm all in on the brand right now https://www.topoathletic.com/ The shoe I bought isn't a rugged trails destroyer (like they advertised), but man the comfort is spot on. The toe box is perfect for my f'd up feet (thank you climbing shoes) and the cushion is great for those long walks through Denver International Airport. I'm going to see how these hold up, as I mentioned I have questions on their durability and torsion control (for now, I'll stick to La Sportiva's running fleet). More on Topo as I learn more. 

5. Quote of the day: "Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period." Lou Holtz

Comments