Just Post It...

When was the last time you posted your thoughts on an online forum? I posted a new thread (discussion topic) on Dirt Rag’s forum. It felt good to state an opinion that anyone could respond too. It was liberating. I’ll ask the question again, when was the last time you posted something on a forum or even posted an opinion on a blog? Isn’t it time you took a stand on something?

You see, blogs, forums and discussion pages are quickly becoming some of the most trusted and most widely read news sources. If you’ve ever looked on CNN’s website, you’ll find that some of their reporters use blogs. I’m sure that Fox, MSN, CBS, NBC and The Onion all utilize these non-traditional formats in some fashion. So the professionals are using them, but why not you?

These systems have created a different kind of voice in America: citizen journalism. The fact is you, me and everyone else we know can have a voice on the media. It is the one place where we can express ourselves to our friends, family and strangers. We can tell them what we think and how we think. Unlike the media, we use facts, but editorialize the outcomes. Just like the mainstream media, we are opening ourselves to challenges; because people can respond and argue with us.

I want to put it out there to everyone who has read ChainRingAction. Go through the list of posts below and pick one to respond too. Come on, it isn’t tough. Make opinion known…

http://chainringaction.blogspot.com/2006/01/doping.html

http://chainringaction.blogspot.com/2005/12/be-passionate.html

http://chainringaction.blogspot.com/2005/11/save-horse-gulch-audio-blog.html

http://chainringaction.blogspot.com/2005/11/running-artist.html

Comments

Cameron said…
I agree as you have influenced my to begin my own Blogger spot. Technology has influences and changes the way we read, write and think. With that in mind, it has also lead to a world that would rather watch video rather than read it and has led to a loss of what this is all about. I'm not excluding myself in that statement and is one of the reasons to put myself "out there". Cheerio mates!